[Asterisk-Users] No ring on extensions

asterisk at billheckel.com asterisk at billheckel.com
Mon Apr 28 11:23:26 MST 2003

I have a couple of the CAC I channel banks in production.  They do work quite well with * but I have
heard that the ring generators are a bit fragile.

The channel bank has electronics to generate a 'ring voltage' of around 90v that the analog phone
will interpret as 'ring' and make some kind of noise (bell chirp etc).  If the channel bank's ring
voltage generator is dead it won't be able to ring the phones.

Bill