[Asterisk-Users] No ring on extensions

Surfer Dude swell at labranch.com
Mon Apr 28 10:12:07 MST 2003

At 08:26 AM 4/28/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-04-27 at 22:44, Surfer Dude wrote:
> > Is it possible that the CAC I is defective?  I bought it on ebay and it
> > seems to only support span=1,0,0,d4,ami and not span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs.
> > It passes self test and lights are normal.
> >
>It's entirely possible... when you say your CAC doesn't support
>esf/b8sz, did you try changing the dip switches to set your CAC to use
>esf/b8sz?

Yes, I tried the dip switches.  I have T1 Framing, Line Code, and CSU
on/off switched to the up position.  Framing only happens in the up
position and it only happens when I select d4 in digium.

> > Is it possible the emp connector and cable is causing the problem?  It
> > is an old HP scanner cable with a choke near the connector.
> >
>This is most likely the problem... I wouldn't trust a scanner cable to
>be wired correctly...

That was all I had at home.  The production system will use regular telco
equipment.  If the problem is the CAC I bank then that will be ok because
the production system, at work, will use 3 x CAC II banks that I also
baught on ebay ($1000).  Before I brought the T1 card home to setup and
test the system I had the CAC II banks speaking esf/b8sz.  I didn't have
the extensions file set up however to see if I could ring phones.

All this verbage is new to me.  I do not have a telco background...

Can someone tell me where ring is generated?  Is it the electronics in the
channel bank or is it a signal sent from the software?

Thanks,
Jason