[Asterisk-Users] No ring on extensions

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Sun Apr 27 22:07:14 MST 2003

> Is it possible that the CAC I is defective?  I bought it on ebay and it
> seems to only support span=1,0,0,d4,ami and not span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs.
> It passes self test and lights are normal.
>
> Is it possible the emp connector and cable is causing the problem?  It
> is an old HP scanner cable with a choke near the connector.
>
> Where is ring generated anyway?  Is it in the channel bank or is it
> exclusively in the software?  Is there any possible setting that I have
> screwed up?

Judging from my experience with Critch, there is a good chance your
channel bank doesn't really have FXS ports, but instead has DPT ports
which are like FXO ports which supply battery.

You *may* be able to contact CAC and find out, but when we tried calling,
they literally denied that the product we had existed :)

Mark