[Asterisk-Users] No ring on extensions

Surfer Dude swell at labranch.com
Sun Apr 27 21:44:34 MST 2003

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to a problem I am having.  I
have asterisk installed, and running.  All extension phones are analog
on FXS ports.  The phones call each other and even transmit caller ID
information but they DO NOT RING.

Here is my setup:  T400P Quad span T1 card currently connected to a CAC
I w/ 12 channels of FXO for incoming lines and 12 channels of FXS for
internal lines.  All the lights on the CAC indicate normal operation.
I have an inductive amplifier and put it near the cables to try to hear
a ring and I get nothing  while I am able to hear the pulses from
dialing.

Is it possible that the CAC I is defective?  I bought it on ebay and it
seems to only support span=1,0,0,d4,ami and not span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs.
It passes self test and lights are normal.

Is it possible the emp connector and cable is causing the problem?  It
is an old HP scanner cable with a choke near the connector.

Where is ring generated anyway?  Is it in the channel bank or is it
exclusively in the software?  Is there any possible setting that I have
screwed up?

Thanks so much for any help,
Jason

I am really excited about setting this system up.  I started it for
work but now I want one at home to block unsolicited calls among other
things.