[Asterisk-Users] Zhone + Digium T1 bug (?)

steve steve at szmidt.org
Fri Apr 25 23:01:19 MST 2003

On Friday 25 April 2003 20:25, Steve Radich wrote:
> We were just testing forwarding one of our numbers to a VoIP CLEC
> and ran into an issue that we've seen before but never figured
> out the cause of.
>

> It seems if you call us and immediately hang up - or if the call
> is forwarded by Verizon (which stills rings about ½ of one time)
> the Zhone detects the ring and answers the call.. The Zhone
> however DOESN"T detect that it's no longer ringing nor that the
> user hung up.

This is due to your TELCO taking long time to signal the hangup.
Here Verizon takes 18 seconds before they reverse polarity.

If you have a phone with lights in it, connect it directly to your
line. Have someone call you and start timing when they hang up.
You'll notice so many sec's later that it blinks. That's the hangup
signal.
--

Steve Szmidt
HTML in e-mail is not safe. It let's spammers know to spam you more,