[Asterisk-Users] Packet8 New Area Codes and Rate Centers

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Fri Apr 25 11:08:30 MST 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, John Todd wrote:

> >I have not gotten Asterisk to work with Packet8, however I have put very
> >little effort into making them work together.  It's easier to just plug
> >the DTA310 SIP/POTS device that you get from Packet8 into a X100P.

Hi,

Asterisk will work with Packet8, assuming you have access to a G723.1
codec for Asterisk or can manage with Asterisk just passing it
through.

you do need a recent CVS.

Here's my sip.conf entry for Packet8:

[packet8.net]
type=peer
host=packet8.net
fromuser=1234567890
fromdomain=packet8.net

You need to replace the 1234567890 with your "secret number" that you
can obtain from sniffing the DTA traffic.

You'll also want to register:

register => 1234567890 at packet8.net/localexten ; Packet8

Again 1234567890 becomes your local secret number, localexten the
extension you want Packet8 to call.

Calling out through Packet8 is a simple matter of
SIP/number at packet8.net

Regards,
Steve Davies