[Asterisk-Users] Proxy / STUN??

wasim at convergence.com.pk wasim at convergence.com.pk
Fri Apr 25 00:43:45 MST 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, WipeOut . wrote:

> Does anyone know or have links to information on the difference between
> a SIP Proxy, SIP Registrar and a STUN server..

a SIP PROXY server is an intermediary that acts as a client for the
purpose of making requests on behalf of other SIP clients

a SIP REGISTRAR server accepts REGISTER requests from SIP clients and
makes that information available to others

Simple Traversal of UDP Through NATs (STUN) is a lightweight protocol that
allows applications to discover the presence and types of Network Address
Translators (NATs) and firewalls between them and the public Internet.

may I recommend google, blatant cut&paste occurred above

-- wasim