[Asterisk-Users] Anyone using Asterisks and a Quicknet Lineja ck in the UK?

Juan Rodriguez Hervella jrh at it.uc3m.es
Thu Apr 24 05:13:42 MST 2003

Hello,

I've read your mail , and I've wondered if you might could help me.

I'm using SIPRG as a gateway between PSTN and IP, and I'm using
a LinePhone Quicknet card too.

The problem is that I don't like the SIPRG, it has some bugs and the
quality of the audio sometimes is very bad, I don't know why.

I was wondering if I could use Asterisk, but after compiling it I get lost
with the configuration steps, I don't know what I must configure to
make the gateway work in my system (I'm using VOCAL as my SIP
based system).

Could you help me ? Would you mind explaining to me briefly what
are the steps I should take to make Asterisk work and to be able to
make PSTN -> IP calls and IP -> PSTN calls ?

Thank you very much.

On Thursday 24 April 2003 13:51, Skuse, Phil wrote:
> I don't have any experience of your problem - but I thought this might
> help.
>
> http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/uk_wiring.html
> <http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/uk_wiring.html>
>
> The UK (and some of it's former colonies) use a system called 3-wire
> ringing. Some equipment from overseas requires an adaptor to make it work.
> I don't know if the LineJack is one of these.

JFRH