[Asterisk-Users] Call Queue Manager and DID Digits

Jayson Vantuyl kagato at souja.net
Wed Apr 23 18:32:06 MST 2003

I've been asked to create a graphical "call-queue"
manager.  That is, use the existing call queues application but allow
a way to view what's coming and attach information to it.  As far as the
"attaching information" that's in the realm of my application, but I'm
trying to figure out if the internals of queues are exposed through any
interface.  Any help there?

Also, I have a need to accept DID digits.  That is, when a call comes in
on the trunk, the phone company dials a few digits before connecting the
call (presumably allowing special handling based on the incoming
extension).  Does anyone have something like this working?  Is it
possible to have some lines go to the auto-attendent and some ring
through?

I was thinking it would be possible with something as simple as
(assuming 4-digit DID)

[default]
; 555-1212 is the main number
exten => 1212,1,Goto(AutoAttendant,s,1)
; 555-5000 is the backdoor to the voicemail system
exten => 5000,1,VoiceMailMain()
exten => 5000,1,Hangup()
; 555-1800 is Bob's phone
exten => 1800,1,Dial(Zap/842)

Is that in line or am I missing something?  Does anyone have that
working?  The service is expensive, so I'd rather not have to pay to
find out if I can do it.  ;)

Thanks in advance,

Jayson