[Asterisk-Users] Zapata not required??

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Wed Apr 23 11:56:52 MST 2003

> Does this mean that zapata will no longer continue to be maintained?
> I ask because my company has already developed an in-house IVR
> with it's own concepts of scripts, etc. We had the intent to port it
> to use the zapata library.

I think it is a good idea for us to keep the zapata library alive for
non-Asterisk applications, however, the focus of our development is
definitely on Asterisk.

Have you considered porting your in-house IVR to AGI or even just the
C-level Asterisk API?  Porting to AGI would be extremely rapid in general,
and even the Asterisk C-level API is still much easier and more intuitive
than the zapata API.

Mark