[Asterisk-Users] Rackmount PC hardware suggestions

Matthew Farley asterisk at wheatstate.net
Tue Apr 22 08:45:00 MST 2003

I have been implementing Asterisk (T1 on T100P) on off-lease (really
low-cost :) Compaq Proliant rackmount hardware with excellent results. I
needed redundancy wherever possible, along with low-cost machines, and
found that buying off-lease Proliants from ebay sellers to be a very
effective way to achieve this goal. So far, I have yet to attempt
anything with Asterisk that a PIII 1850R (available for ~$400) cannot
handle, and have had amazing luck with machines as low-powered as a PPro
850R. YMMV, of course... Just my $0.02.

-Matthew Farley

Matthew Farley <asterisk at wheatstate.net>