[Asterisk-Users] Disable callerid to pass incoming calls through faster - and hangup woes

Ask Bjoern Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Apr 19 17:01:03 MST 2003

Hi,

I was about to send a question to the list about this when I figured
out the solution.  I thought it might be useful to store in the
archives.

I use a X100P and a TDM400P, using current code from CVS.

When I dial in via the X100 I get

-- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'

right away in the CLI.

However, it takes (took) * a few seconds to continue patching the call
through to the Zap/2 interface.

NOTICE[14351]: File chan_zap.c, Line 4030 (ss_thread): Got event 2
(Ring/Answered)...
-- Goto (extensions,ask,1)

I don't get caller id on the incoming line anyway, so adding
"usecallerid => no" to zapata.conf before "channel => 1" made asterisk
ring the phone right away.  Yay.

It's still quite slow at detecting hangups.  For example if I dial in
and hangup right away the phone will keep ringing for a while (and if I
hangup I just get a dial tone - from the phone company. :-)

My zapata conf is:

; X100P interface
context => incomingphone
signalling => fxs_ks
usecallerid => no
channel => 1

; TDM400 interface
signalling => fxo_ks
usecallerid => yes
context => local
channel => 2

Anything I can do to make the X100P better at detecting hangups?  Is it
possible at all?

Is it correct to use ks?  With ls it took much longer for it to detect
hangups, if it detected them at all.

I tried adding busydetect => yes, but it didn't make a difference.

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/