[Asterisk-Users] Redhat vs Mandrake.

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 18:44:35 MST 2003

> choose, you should probably choose NOT to run X or the framebuffer
> console, as they have a tendency to hog interrupts.  You may notice
> some audio jerkiness if you run asterisk at the same time as either X
> or the framebuffer.
>
> I'd normally recommend FreeBSD, but since Asterisk has not yet been
> ported, that's out.  :-)

Wouldn't BSD be running the same XFree89 as Linux?  Or do you
mean you'd run BSD without X11.

In any case I assume you'd run a PBX "headless" with no
monitor or keyboard connected on a rack mount chassis.

I've become a Solaris fan.  I like the range it offers.  Scales
all the way up to some pretty impresive hardware But as you say
that's moot as * has not been ported.

=====
Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com