[Asterisk-Users] Redhat vs Mandrake.

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu Apr 17 15:56:54 MST 2003

On Thursday 17 April 2003 02:00 pm, Francisco Perez-Landaeta wrote:
> Hi, I am a newbie to asterisk.
>
> I am considering getting linux to test with asterisks but would
> like to know which version of linux is best Redhat or Mandrake. Can
> someone guide to make the right decission. I have also heard of
> lindows. But, then again your feedback is appreciated.

One more note above and beyond what others have written:  whatever you
choose, you should probably choose NOT to run X or the framebuffer
console, as they have a tendency to hog interrupts.  You may notice
some audio jerkiness if you run asterisk at the same time as either X
or the framebuffer.

I'd normally recommend FreeBSD, but since Asterisk has not yet been
ported, that's out.  :-)

-Tilghman