[Asterisk-Users] RE: iLBC

Juha Heinanen jh at lohi.eng.song.fi
Thu Apr 17 08:16:33 MST 2003

Mark Spencer writes:

 > According to draft-duric-rtp-ilbc-01.txt (the document I'd used), it says:
 > "The codec has a bit rate of 13.867 bits/s using ... 416 bits per block,
 > which can be packetized in 52 bytes.
 >
 > However, draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-01 says, as you point out, that it
 > should be 50.  I've gone ahead and modified Asterisk to expect the 50 byte
 > frames, but I suppose somewhere we need to be able to handle both types.

as far as i understand, draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-01 has replaced
draft-duric-rtp-ilbc-01.  this happened when ilbc codec draft became avt
working group document.  alan can tell if i'm wrong.  earlier kphone
implementation was based on draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-00, which we have
now upgraded to draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-01.

-- juha