[Asterisk-Users] RE: iLBC

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu Apr 17 07:40:33 MST 2003

> according to raft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-01, rtp payload is either 38 or 50
> bytes, right?  kphone is sending 50 byte payloads, but * seems to expect
> 52 byte payload:
>
> WARNING[14350]: File codec_ilbc.c, Line 141 (ilbctolin_framein): Huh?  An
> ilbc frame that isn't a multiple of 52 bytes long from RTP (50)?

According to draft-duric-rtp-ilbc-01.txt (the document I'd used), it says:
"The codec has a bit rate of 13.867 bits/s using ... 416 bits per block,
which can be packetized in 52 bytes.

However, draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-01 says, as you point out, that it
should be 50.  I've gone ahead and modified Asterisk to expect the 50 byte
frames, but I suppose somewhere we need to be able to handle both types.

Mark