[Asterisk-Users] Parametric "sample.call?"

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Apr 14 03:07:02 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 03:28, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I have been playing with the sample.call file, and I find that using the
> "Channel" option seems a bit more straightforward than the
> "application/data" method.
>
> But I think what I need recommends the latter method.  I'm having
> trouble understanding just how to "call" it.
>
> The application is a network monitoring application where I ring up a
> NOC administrator if a given node quits responding to ping requests.
>
> I have a fairly large number of nodes.  I'm beating my head trying to
> figure out how to make an identical call in each case except for
> specifying a set of digits, corresponding to the IP address of the
> machine that's down, which asterisk would then "read" to the callee.
>
> I wonder if anyone has already done something similar, and if so if I
> could beg a peek at the callfile.

I'm not doing this, but here is what I would expect to do. The app that
creates the sample call could also provide a message file in /tmp using
something like the perl module that guarantees a unique filename. You
can then call the number and attach them to an agi script with the
unique filename passed as an arg to the agi script. The AGI script then
can read the /tmp file and do more complex things as you wish.