[Asterisk-Users] Parametric "sample.call?"

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Apr 14 01:28:30 MST 2003

I have been playing with the sample.call file, and I find that using the
"Channel" option seems a bit more straightforward than the
"application/data" method.

But I think what I need recommends the latter method.  I'm having
trouble understanding just how to "call" it.

The application is a network monitoring application where I ring up a
NOC administrator if a given node quits responding to ping requests.

I have a fairly large number of nodes.  I'm beating my head trying to
figure out how to make an identical call in each case except for
specifying a set of digits, corresponding to the IP address of the
machine that's down, which asterisk would then "read" to the callee.

I wonder if anyone has already done something similar, and if so if I
could beg a peek at the callfile.

Thanks.

B.