[Asterisk-Users] how to register * at FWD from behind NAT

Ask Bjoern Hansen ask at develooper.com
Sat Apr 12 03:13:56 MST 2003

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 10:01 America/Los_Angeles, Chris Wetemans
wrote:

> I've tried to register * at FWD but * segfaults, so i guess my
> register-line
> in sip.conf isn't correct.
> It looks like:
> register => fwd#:pwd at 192.246.69.223

Stephen Davies kindly helped me getting this to work earlier today.

Use a recent version from CVS (not sure how recent it needs to be, I am
using the current version).

In extensions.conf add

[fwd]
; Free World Dialup
exten => _XXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@fwd.pulver.com)
exten => _XXXXX,2,Congestion
exten => 700001,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@fwd.pulver.com)
exten => 700001,2,Congestion

and then include this section where appropiate.

in sip.conf add the following.  100 in this example is the extension
incoming calls from FWD is sent to.

[general]
register => FWD_NUMBER:FWD_PASSWORD at fwd.pulver.com/100

[fwd.pulver.com]