[Asterisk-Users] Outgoing SIP Registration Fixed

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri Apr 11 18:11:42 MST 2003

> But now *, seems to be hung up after a few hours.  It no longer responds to
> certain commands.  SIP devices are no longer communicating with *, even
> though they are listed in the "sip show peers" command.

Try running gdb on the stuck process like this:

ps ax | grep asterisk

the lowest level pid, say it's 123, do this:

gdb asterisk 123
.
.
.
(gdb) info threads

Look for a thread that is *not* in poll() or select().  Highly suspect
functions are sigsuspend() or being somewhere that *isn't* a blocking
function call.  Then switch to that thread like this:

(gdb) thread 17
(gdb) bt

and look at the backtrace.  Even if it's not helpful for you, you can
e-mail me the backtrace of any suspicious thread (off-list) and I can look
and try to determine what the problem might be.

Mark