[Asterisk-Users] external trigger on caller id

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Fri Apr 11 10:18:06 MST 2003

At 12:55 AM 4/11/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi!
>Thanks  for this FXO (or FXS) door-phone solutions ,but I need something
>that is "named" door opener only , without phone (intercom).
>Only door opener which is triggerd  from caller id (mobile phone) .. I
>hope this is AGI and some serial (usb) interface - but how to ? anyone has
>something like this ?

your best bet is agi yes, and personally I would use a parallel port and
simply rather than serial.

you want to bypass all the higher level drivers on the port and write
directly to the raw port.

you need something like a TTL octal latch on the output pins and strobe of
the port (74LS380 ?) guessing at part #. Then pick a bit, and use a 2N2222
transistor with a 10k resistor on the output of the latch (base of trans
via 10k to pin, emitter to ground) On the collector of the 2222, wire up a
small 12V relay coil with a diode across in inverse parallel. connect the
other end of the coil/diode to 12Vdc (steal out of disk drive connector -
yellow wire)

write your agi to make a bitmask with the bit you picked set to the port,
wait 2sec and write again with it set to 0.

wire the contacts of the relay in parallel with the button for the door opener.

voila.