[Asterisk-Users] Fw: Predictive dialer

Michiel Betel michiel at betel.nl
Wed Apr 9 04:11:20 MST 2003

FAX detection would be nice, I wouldn't spend too much time on answering
machine detection though. Most outbound callcenters I know in europe switch
it off anyhow because it give too many false positives and negatives.
Strange thing is that in all RFP's they still want it... Also remember
you've only got about 400ms to get the sample and do the analysis, otherwise
you'll chop off too much from the beginning off the call which is very
irritating for agents. Note also that Frequency analysis is rather computing
intensive with all the FFT's and predictive dialling only makes sense with 8
or more agents (otherwise your stat's will be too skewed for sensible
pacing, which means that you'll need about 14 outbound lines which have to
be analyzed for voice (worst case all at the same time...)