[Asterisk-Users] IAXTEL Inbound, and Outbound Tollfree Changes

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Apr 9 00:23:51 MST 2003

Jeremy McNamara wrote:>
> If you are behind NAT have you setup port forwarding of port 5036 so you
> can receive the inbound call?

Further data point: there is a ton of UDP traffic between my asterisk
instance and iaxtel.com on port 4569, back and forth both sides on that
same port.

I see this on the console when I start asterisk:

 > == IAX Ready and Listening on <myIPaddr> port 4569

When I tried to call in, suddenly I now see hundreds of UDP packets
between the two sides, this time on port 5036.

WTF???

B.