[Asterisk-Users] Fw: Predictive dialer

Michiel Betel michiel at betel.nl
Tue Apr 8 05:57:23 MST 2003

A predictive dialler uses a pacing algorithm to dial numbers from a list at
a variable speed. The dialling speed is based on the number of agents, the
average talk time, the average after call work time, a set level of
acceptable abandons and the ratio of answered/unanswered calls. A perfect
pacer thus makes just the amount of calls that you can handle. However,
nothing's perfect thus sometimes it will launch a call which gets answered
without having an agent available, so there's nothing else to do then to
abandon that call and mark it in the list to be retried. In other cases it
will dial too slowly leaving your agents doing nothing.. Tuning pacing is a
kind of cross between art and magic. Normally the actions which define when
a list-record should not be called or be retried are rules based.
Thus first you need create and access the list statistics, then you need to
write a pacing algorithm. For answering machine detection you will have to
create a cadence detector or frequency analysis algorithm to check if there
is a 'real' human on the line.