[Asterisk-Users] Comments on "transfer" feature request

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 8 01:29:14 MST 2003

The ability to transfer calls to/from anywhere to anywhere is still an area that concerns me the most..

Specifically,
Zap to SIP
SIP to Zap
SIP to SIP
ZAP to ZAP (on standard phones without flash)

Of course these issues may only be in my head becasue I haven't been using * all that long..

The "t" dial option is great but the "T" option is really needed to complete the facility of using the # to transfer calls..

I have read that for the SIP extensions I should just use a SIP tranfer but I haven't worked out how to SIP transfer a call to a Zap channel.. Again maybe just becasue I am new to *..

At this point I am not too concerned that the "transfer" is hard coded because I think that basic functionality for any-which-way transfer is more important than customising the transfer logic on a per system basis at this point..

Anyway thats my thoughts..