[Asterisk-Users] IP hard phone devices (grandstream)

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Tue Apr 8 01:09:37 MST 2003

Running IAX (or better IAX2) on a such phone it a great idea!

Seriously, I think that we need a cheap SIP phone solution
fully working with asterisk.
That because in small offices could cut the costs, that's
the main "idea" in little firms. And if costs are cut,
there's more economical space for advanced feature asterisk
could give.
I mean, If I pay X for phones and X for enabling & configuring
advanced services, I have 2X costs. But if for phone I have
only 1/2X , I could have a 3/2X pbx that does all.

After that, running iax should be wonderful... no more
firewall & nat problems...

Il mar, 2003-04-08 alle 03:54, Mark Spencer ha scritto:
> > I wonder how it will be before we see some devices such as the snom's
> > with the "additition" protocol (IAX) available.
> >
> > best of both type worlds......
>
> Grandstream has expressed some willingness, possibly even "interest" in
> making the phone run IAX.  The things that will make that the most
> possible will be:
>
> * IAX protocol specification
> * Updated libiax
> * Customer demand