[Asterisk-Users] SIP Testing

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon Apr 7 10:06:22 MST 2003

On 7 Apr 2003, Eric Wieling wrote:

> I would like to get my Asterisk server working with Packet8.  I already
> have my DTA310 talking to Asterisk just fine.
>
> What did you do to get Asterisk working with Packet8?  Are you behind a
> NAT firewall?  I am and was not able to get it working with an Asterisk
> built from CVS a couple of weeks ago.

Hi,

I haven't (yet) got Asterisk working with Packet8 in the way that you
mean.

I can call a packet8 account FROM Asterisk.  But Packet8 treats it as an
incoming call from an unauthenticated "foreign" source.  It connects calls
to Packet8 users, but obviously won't connect calls to PSTN numbers.

I'll be trying to get this working this week.  Jim Dennis is looking to do
the same for Vonage I think - so between us I'm sure we can get it
working.

For Packet8 there is another issue - it uses G723.1 codec.  G723.1 is
patent encumbered which causes some problems for using it with Asterisk.

Still - SIP is getting better in Asterisk - so hold tight.

Steve