[Asterisk-Users] Quesiton about SIP and MSN

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Mon Apr 7 00:35:03 MST 2003

Here is a minimal config..

---for sip.conf---
[1235]
type=friend
host=dynamic
------------------

---extensions.conf---
exten => 1235,1,Dial(SIP/1235)
exten => 1235,2,Congestion
---------------------

This is a very basic setup and you will have to investigate the various options to see what you need for your particular config.. The extension is 1235 which for simplicity is the same as the phone name but you can call the phone whatever you like just remember to change it in the extensios.conf file.

For you sip client (MSN) the username will be "1235" (without the quotes) and the password will be blank..

Hope that helps..