[Asterisk-Users] CE certification for Europe

d hinton hint63 at charter.net
Sat Apr 5 13:00:09 MST 2003

to tilghman:
"Then contribute already.  Don't troll the list"
you bozoo, before you call someone a troll you should prob read the post.
and if that's you opinion arfter that then fine, so be it. but it's always
some punk, who got bullied on as a kid that hides behind the internet and
slings pot-shots ;-(
"And don't  volunteer to sell Digium's cards at a price that severely
undercuts their product (and revenue and development)"

THESE ARE NOT DIGIUMS CARDS!!!! they are GPL'ed released by the zapata
project: http://zapatatelephony.org try reading and learning before you
write. and further more i never said that i would sell to the public, just
that we COULD make these cards and sell them for $850 and still turn a
profit. it was a hint to digium. in fact, the most expensive part only cost
$100.00 USD. see http://www.maxim-ic.com/index.cfm

"If you can't afford $1500 for a card, you jolly well aren't
going to be able to afford a T1 line anyway, so having the
card would be completely irrelevant"
at the price digium charges for the CARDS, they would cost the most of the
whole project. for example: i can get a local T1 for ~$250/month with 100
DID's for $56 dollars extra. and a FULL T1 backbone for $395/month see:
http://www.theplanet.com/solutions/access.php
in these hard eco times we should ALL be good shepards of our money.

ALSO for all of you who keep comparing the zapata cards to intel's dialogic
cards please read up on the subject first, it's like comparing apples and
oranges. the best reason to chose the zapata IMHO, is the fact that their
cheap good cards that you can buy (or make) alot of them and provide
redundancy and at lot of coverage area because of the low upfront cost.
THANK GOD FOR THE GPL MOVEMENT.

TO MARK
thanks for the offer but, yes we are to far into the making our own process,
sorry.
dwayne