[Asterisk-Users] will this machine handle it

WipeOut . wipeout at linuxmail.org
Tue Apr 1 23:43:42 MST 2003

Hi Jeff..

What you are asking is a little bit of a grey area because there are a number of factors that will affect how well you system will perform.. things like the average number of concurrent calls?, are you using VoIP?, what codecs are you using for the SIP of IAX channels? and no doubt a few others..

But here is my experience.. I am using a PII-400 and with 2 concurrent VoIP calls using G.711 codec the processor barely registers anything.. So I should thing that this system should handle 10-15 concurrent calls... If I used the GSM codec for example I an sure this number would drop significantly..

Hope that helps..