[Asterisk-Users] will this machine handle it

Jeff McClure jmcclure at omnipotent.net
Tue Apr 1 22:02:34 MST 2003

Hi folks,

Right now I'm running * along with a lot of other apps on my firewall box,
which is a P-II 400 with 192MB of RAM. I have a single T100P card connected
to a channel bank that's using one FXO and two FXS ports.

I want to move * off to another computer (mostly because I think the other
apps on the current box are causing enough of a load to affect the sound
quality a bit). I'm looking for a computer to put it on, and I've found
someone with a P-II 350 with 64MB of RAM (I could steal another 64MB from
the firewall if I have to).

So, I need an opinion from some more experienced users. Given the same
number of ports and assuming I don't run any other apps on the box, is that
P-II 350 beefy enough to handle my * setup comfortably?

Thanks,
Jeff