[Asterisk-Users] The best simple solution (newbee)

sjaak nabuurs sjaaknabuurs at citytower.com
Tue Apr 1 14:08:00 MST 2003

Thanks Steven for your reply

To check if i understand this..

So the best way is :

Telephone line  >> pluged in one TDM10B Linux running astrisk >>>>
(DSL2Mbit) internet  (64Kb) >>>> linux/windows with a normal eth 10/100mbps
card pluged in >>> snom 100
When you talk about ethernet jack you tell to use a ethernet card
(10/100Mbps) not the line or phone jack from http://www.quicknet.net/  I
guess.
A snom 100 is a IP telephone I can plug directly in a network card that's
wright ??
A cross wired cat 5 cable would connect the snom 100 to for example a
windows machine (they allready have).
Is there any software shipped with the snom or do i have to use Linux to NAT
the ip adress from the snom to the internet >> astrisk gateway or use
IPsec's/Freeswan.
For me it's not clear how a snom can reach (on a private network) my astrisk
gateway(keeper) or do i think to much !!

Sorry for maybe the stuppid questions.
Thanks a lot.

Sjaak

--
Dit bericht is gescand op virussen en gevaarlijke content en is veilig bevonden.