[Asterisk-Users] Up to 8 lines?

George Bean gbean at puwaba.com
Tue Apr 1 13:56:09 MST 2003

It would be a shame to waste those nice digital BRI circuits by
converting them to analog and then back to digital again for Asterisk.
It would be better to leave them digital for better sound quality and to
take advantage of the D channel signaling capabilities.

You might want to look into the Eicon ISDN BRI server cards. The cards
have gotten some good feedback on list and off. They support multiple
BRI circuits per card, thus reducing the number of card slots required
in your Asterisk box. The cards are CAPI compliant so they will allow
you to use channelcapi rather than ISDN4Linux; that should make your
Asterisk box much easier to configure, operate and maintain.

Here is a link for the Eicon four port BRI card.

http://www.eicon.com/worldwide/products/MediaGateways/docs/4BRIFlyer.pdf

I believe they used to have a two BRI card that no longer appears on the
web site but periodically appears on Ebay. If you purchase the four BRI
card and use it until you need to expand, it should command the lion's
sure of its original purchase price after you upgrade to PRI.

Regards,
George Bean
Puwaba Technologies