[Asterisk-Users] Problems Calling Toll-free number

Stefano Finetti ssfinetti at lynxautomotive.it
Tue Apr 1 03:54:17 MST 2003

After a long working evening yesterday, now my * box place and receive calls
with H323,SIP and ISDN line.

Calling from the office to an outside line, happens:

- If I call a mobile number and the called answers, all goes ok
- If I call a number at home/office, and it's answered , all goes ok

- If I call a toll-free number with an IVR system, nothing happens: it
continues to ring indefinitely like no-one answers the call.

This is my part of extensions.conf related:

; Calling Mobile Numbers
exten => _3NXXXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID,MyCallerID
exten => _3NXXXXXXXX,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => _3NXXXXXXXX,3,Dial,Modem/g1:${EXTEN}|30|rTt
exten => _3NXXXXXXXX,104,Goto(main-menu,#,1)

; Calling Toll-Free number (80X numeration, in italy)
exten => _80X.,1,SetCallerID,MyCallrID
exten => _80X.,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => _80X.,3,Dial,Modem/g1:${EXTEN}|30|rTt
exten => _80X.,104,Goto(main-menu,#,1)

Can also this be a problem of codec? I don't think so, but really I've no
idea of why * doesn't detect the answer on the opposite end of the line.

Suggestions? Comments?

--
Stefano Finetti
Technical Coordinator