[Asterisk-Users] MGCP

Ray Dzek rdzek at solarbugs.com
Tue Apr 1 12:29:37 MST 2003

Hi,

I picked up a router with 8 voice ports that supports MGCP, but it has
several options that I am not familiar with or do not seem apparent in the
mgcp.conf.

Enter the default IP address for the Notified Entity: [0.0.0.0]
Enter the listening port of the Notified Entity: [2427]
Enter the IP address for MGCP signalling (Data): [192.168.0.210]
Enter the local port for MGCP signaling (Data): [2427]
Enter option for using hostname with "[]" for Signaling: [N]
Enter the TOS byte value to use for Signalling packets [1-7] : [7]
Enter the IP address to use for RTP transport (Voice): [0.0.0.0]
Enter the TOS byte value to use for RTP (Voice) packets [1-7] : [7]

What values would these map to within mgcp.conf?  I see mention of several
of these in the chan_mgcp.c

Thanks in advance.