[asterisk-ss7] asterisk cluster with chan_ss7 and mtp3d

Daniel Fernandes dsf at t2change.com
Wed Dec 21 10:37:16 CST 2016

Hi,

I’m configuring 2 asterisk boxes with 16 E1 using chan_ss7 and mtp3d for
clustering.

My Versions:

  * Asterisk 11.18.0
  * Dahdi 2.10.2
  * Chan_ss7 2.4.4 from svn

my ss7.conf file is the same in both boxes, and my schannel is
configured as:
schannel => 1 at box1:50001

Checking mtp3d and asterisk logs, i found some strange messages:

on asterisk logs:
      WARNING[11594] cluster.c: No way to send packet to cluster,
link='p1', reqtype=2

on mtp3d logs:
     mtp3io.c:162 mtp3_reply Send packet to 0.0.0.0:16640

since i'm not defined port 16640 anywhere, why mtp3d tries to reply to
any host on that port?

can anyone give me some help to understand what am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
Daniel