[asterisk-ss7] MTP Link Down SLC (0) SLC (1)

Bharat Lalcheta bharatlalcheta at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 01:42:57 CST 2012

Thanks for reply.

Actually i did all those  exercise before.

First i ask telco to route call flow to 6 E1s only. But the same scenario
is there.

Then i cut down 2 more E1s, currently only 4 E1s running but the same
scenario is there.

Also i m using ulaw codec only and there is no transcoding there. also no
echo cancellation is there.

And main thing is 8 E1s working on the server with the same
configuration and with the same telco without any problem.

I cant understand what is the problem

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Krzysztof Drewicz <
krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/2/15 Bharat Lalcheta <bharatlalcheta at gmail.com>
>

>> No i m not getting BAD FCS HDLC abort. In dahdi i m getting following 2
>> messages.
>>
>> REL on channel (CIC 113) without owner!  This message i m getting on
>> first server too.
>>
>> But below message came on the problematic server whenever mtp2 link down
>> message come
>>
>> Duplicate IAM requested on CIC 2
>>

>> I have 2 servers with dual core 3 GHz dual cpu with 2 GB RAM and having 2
>> * TE410P digium, total 8 port for inbound calling.
>>

>> Both server has same setup, 8 E1's with 2 Signalling channels from same
>> telco.
>>  Please guide me to solve above problem.
>>

>> Bharat Lalcheta
>>

> Was here on list many times:
>
> If you have many (like >4 ) E1 connections to ISDN or SS7, simply the PC
> architecture won't handle some traffic/calls.
> You possibly trans-code some calls like G711 to/from gsm/ilbc/g729/g723
> etc...
> Try to change architecture - some redundant setup and more servers, split
> TDM hardware to more boxes, and it will work...
> As simple as that. If you don't believe, cut down traffic to 4 E1, by not
> configuring second card in dahdi/system, then add one E1, wait day or two
> etc... you will measure how much your box could handle.
> In my experience: recently bought servers go with max 7-8 TDM connections
> and not a single one more.
> Simply - when 'soft modems' were popular on market  - noone tried to put 4
> soft-modems in one box. It was designed to use main CPU for many functions.
> Now - you try just to put many 'soft' cards into one box - without any
> check up if this architecture it could handle that.
> Even 'smart' ss7 cards from dialogic or synway or any other vendors have
> some limits with max cards per box...
> Maybe - 1st step should be optimize your dialplan?

Bharat Lalcheta