[asterisk-ss7] If you were me which SS7 Links would you choose in a non VoiP Country?

Robert Thomas thomcr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 23:42:43 CST 2011

Hey Milo,

I would pay very good attention on how the details of the interconnection.

Where are the E1 going to be connected?

Will you run a fiber to the TELCO backhaul the E1s into your place? Or are
you going to place the servers at each of your providers location?

It's much safer and easier to manage, if you can take the E1s out of your
provider Central and into your own place.

I would start there.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM, MLO <yeshappytrader at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> I have a family friend whose father has a inactive communications license
> in a Africa country we are in the process of re-instating.
>
> The Voice rates, per minute, range from .30 - .50 cents.
>
> This countries telco's offers NO VoIP Direct In Dial Telephone #s,  and
> bandwidth for
> a T-1 is $1950 per month and $4500 per month for a 100Mbps connection.
>
> We are in the process of obtaining SS7 links to try and reduce the end cost
> and extend the talk time to everyone in this country so my question for all
> of you is if you were me, and could obtain SS7 Links/TDM Voice Circuits, or
> whatever else necessary, what would it be?
>
> I cant disclose the country sorry and we are in restart up mode picking up
> were my friends father left it back in 2005 broken.  ( Respectfully speaking
> )
>
> I'm interested in sending and receiving voice traffic to/from my African
> SS7 Links which will be interconnected to a Asterisk server there, and a USA
> server via SIP.  I intend on obtaining blocks of African local & toll free
> #s to be assigned to my SS7 link(s)
>
> What would you gals/guys recommend I obtain, and mind you more than likely
> I will have to have armed security with me as the incumbent telcos are
> HYPERSENSITIVE to providing anyone anything other than a telephone bill. Its
> taken 3 months of fighting to get to this point and yes we are being given
> permission to create this Countries VoIP DID #s.
>
> My bandwidth supplier in country is recommending that I be placed within
> his Satellite P.O.P and suggests that I "interconnect with all 6 Telcos"
> within the country all from his location as I get the impression he doesn't
> trust them either.  Or I'll have to install servers at each telcos Central
> Office to interface my Asterisk-SS7 servers with each Telco's SS7
> switch/box.  This can get dangerous QUICK!
>
> Can I run 6 point codes on a single box?
>
> Hellllllllllllllp with suggestions/advice please.
>
> :)
>
> Sincerely,
>

> MLO

Robert