[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk 1.8.4.2 + LibSS7 1.0.2 : Early Media Problem

Nyamul Hassan nyamul at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 06:20:20 CDT 2011

Thank you Florain, for your reply.  My answers are inline.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 17:08, <florian at gruendler.net> wrote:

> Hassan, I think I have a contribution to your problem:****
>
> ** **
>
> As of Release 1.6, you need to make an explicit ****
>
> ** **
>
> exten => 1234,n,Progress()

Oh, did not know that.  So, I need to put this at the top of the dialplan,
before I put the "dialplan", right?

My current dialplan is:

[ss7out]
exten => _919.,1,Dial(DAHDI/g1/${EXTEN:2})
exten => _919.,n,Hangup()

So, change this to:

[ss7out]
exten => _919.,1,Progress()
exten => _919.,n,Dial(DAHDI/g1/${EXTEN:2})
exten => _919.,n,Hangup()

**

> else Asterisk will not proceed using SIP/183 with SDP. Can you show the
> signaling data of the SIP session? It would help to understand what call
> vector you are having issues with since the routing (aka dialplan) has
> different requirements on an incoming (SS7->SIP), respectively outgoing call
> (SIP->SS7).****
>
> **

Can you tell me what data you want?  Do I need to do a SIP Trace?  Or SS7
Trace?  I've never done the trace on LibSS7 earlier.  Which command do I
need to run?

Regards
HASSAN