[asterisk-ss7] asterisk-ss7 Digest, Vol 71, Issue 3

Anita Hall anita.hall at simmortel.com
Thu Jan 6 11:40:53 CST 2011

Hi

The update is that chan_ss7 worked flawlessly on my link with mostly default
settings.

So that means the link is not making error. Perhaps there is a bug in libss7
or some config problem. I will update.

Thanks for looking at this.

Here is my working chan_ss7 1.4.3, wanpipe 3.5.18 and asterisk 1.6.2 config
files that work with Sangoma A108 card.

# cat /etc/asterisk/ss7.conf
[linkset-siuc]
enabled => yes
enable_st => no
use_connect => yes
hunting_policy => even_mru
context => ss7
language => da
t35 => 15000,timeout
subservice => auto

[link-l1]
linkset => siuc
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16

; The first CIC
firstcic => 1

enabled => yes
echocancel => no
echocan_train => 350
echocan_taps => 128

[host-debian]
; The host is enabled
enabled => yes
opc => XXXXX
dpc => siuc:XXXX

; Syntax: links => link-name:digium-connector-no
; The links on the host is 'l1', connected to span/connector #1
links => l1:1

[devices]
wanpipe1 = WAN_AFT_TE1, Comment

[interfaces]
w1g1 = wanpipe1, , TDM_VOICE, Comment

# cat /etc/wanpipe/wanpipe1.conf
[wanpipe1]
CARD_TYPE = AFT
S514CPU = A
CommPort = PRI
AUTO_PCISLOT = NO
PCISLOT = 4
PCIBUS = 5
FE_MEDIA = E1
FE_LCODE = HDB3
FE_FRAME = NCRC4
FE_LINE = 1
TE_CLOCK = NORMAL
TE_REF_CLOCK = 0
TE_SIG_MODE = CCS
TE_HIGHIMPEDANCE = NO
TE_RX_SLEVEL = 430
LBO = 120OH
FE_TXTRISTATE = NO
MTU = 1500
UDPPORT = 9000
TTL = 255
IGNORE_FRONT_END = NO
TDMV_SPAN = 1
TDMV_DCHAN = 0
TE_AIS_MAINTENANCE = NO

TDMV_HW_DTMF = NO
TDMV_HW_FAX_DETECT = NO
HWEC_OPERATION_MODE = OCT_NORMAL

HWEC_DTMF_REMOVAL = NO
HWEC_NOISE_REDUCTION = NO
HWEC_ACUSTIC_ECHO = NO
HWEC_NLP_DISABLE = NO
HWEC_TX_AUTO_GAIN = 0
HWEC_RX_AUTO_GAIN = 0
HWEC_TX_GAIN = 0
HWEC_RX_GAIN = 0

[w1g1]
ACTIVE_CH = ALL
TDMV_HWEC = NO
MTU = 8

It may be noted that wanpipe1.conf for libss7 and chan_ss7 is the same with
both having TDMV_DCHAN = 0

# cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A108 port 1 [slot:4 bus:5 span:1] <wanpipe1>
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-31
echocanceller=mg2,1-15,17-31

Note that in dahdi/system.conf all channels are defined as bearer channels.
chan_ss7 deals with the "D Channel" or signchan in its internal space as
defined in ss7.conf