[asterisk-ss7] Can't Block CIC No "circuit group blocking acknowledge" from peer

Matthias van der Vlies mvdvlies at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 15:40:18 CST 2011

Grzegorz,

I'm trying to write a patch for chan_ss7 to send BLO from the CLI. While
browsing the source code I came across the option grs you can define in
your linkset configuration. I think that if you set this to no a block
from the command line will use BLO instead of CGB.

config.c:

  438       if ((strcasecmp(v->value, "0") == 0) ||
(strcasecmp(v->value, "no") == 0)) {
  439         linkset->grs = 0;
  440       }

in l4isup.c:

4255 static int do_group_circuit_block_unblock(struct linkset* linkset,
int firstcic, unsigned long cgb_mask, int sup_type_ind, int
own_cics_only, int do_timers, int do_block) {

Which decides the sending of BLO vs CGB:

4267   if (linkset->grs) {

If grs = on (default) it will send CGB,

otherwise:

4310   else {
4311     for (p = 0; p < 32; p++) {
4312       param[0]++;
4313       if (cgb_mask & (1<<p)) {
4314         pvt = linkset->cic_list[firstcic+p];
4315         if (pvt) {
4316           struct link* link = pvt->link;
4317           if ((1<<(firstcic - link->first_cic + p)) &
link->schannel.mask)
4318             continue;
4319         }
4320         if (own_cics_only)
4321           if (!pvt || !pvt->equipped)
4322             continue;
4323
4324         if (do_block) {
4325           isup_send_blk(pvt);
4326           if (do_timers)
4327             t12_start(pvt);
4328
4329         } else {
4330           isup_send_ubl(pvt);
4331           if (do_timers)
4332             t14_start(pvt);
4333         }
4334       }
4335     }
4336   }

I hope this is useful for you untill I write a patch to do both methods
from the CLI.

Kind regards,

Matthias van der Vlies