[asterisk-ss7] ISUP Version for LibSS7

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Thu Feb 10 06:05:20 CST 2011

hi Sam,

I have not checked the code for some time, but it is in general 2 main versions of ISUP - ANSI and ETSI. The easiest way to detect this is to look at the size of CIC fields and Point Codes in the MTP layer.

But, allowing a guess:

I will assume libss7 is at least ANSI since it's developed in US
Chan_SS7 was developed in Denmark, meaning it is ETSI at least.

Also, maybe more important - These ISUP implementations are to my knowledge "a bare minimum", meaning you can just about send/receive an IAM call - nothing more. But, again - its more than a year since I checked theire code.

Jan