[asterisk-ss7] ANM without ACM

Bryan Scott sirbryan at gmail.com
Fri May 7 09:27:03 CDT 2010

I've seen this before too.

I have a couple of Asterisk boxes hanging off a switch using SIP.  I also used to explicitly Answer() as the call came in from the switch.  My guess is our switch converts SIP signaling straight to SS7, because anytime a call came in from a specific in-state AT&T tandem, they released the call as soon as I answered it.

Turns out putting a Ringing() before Answer() solved the problem.  It is likely that certain carriers have equipment that is not tolerant of out-of-order messages.  I say that because calls from all other operators were successful, as were calls from AT&T wireless originating on out-of-state tandems.

-- Bryan