[asterisk-ss7] ANM without ACM

Gustavo Marsico gustavomarsico at gmail.com
Thu May 6 19:12:02 CDT 2010

IMHO, and in the sake of a reliable and configurable SS7 stack, I think the user should know the protocol (at least basically) to understand which is denied of allowed in the protocol. This bring to my memory the issues with NAI in PRI... the people set NAI as Unknown, because they don't even know that in several countries National or international NAI must be marked for proper routing. As SS7 is a very complex protocol that needs full attention to the particular scenarios, the operator has the responsibility for the proper use of the protocol itself, not to mention the disaster in the network that an operator can make if he mess with MTP3 messages.

Salu2

Gustavo