[asterisk-ss7] 4 E1's with one signalling link - libss7

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 11:21:45 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Bryan Scott <sirbryan at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would think it's kind of obvious, but since it isn't....     :)
>
> Don't put a dchan in spans 2, 3, and 4, and don't block out those channels
> as available cics.  Also, aren't there 32 channels in an E1, not 31?

Yes, there is 32 time slots, but DS0 is required for framing and the user
ends up with only 31 of them to use, unless of course you use unframed E1,
but that is not used for telephony AFAIK.

Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
Sangoma Technologies Inc. | 50 McIntosh Drive, Suite 120, Markham ON L3R 9T3
Canada
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com