[asterisk-ss7] No presentation number over ss7

Gustavo Marsico gustavomarsico at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 08:06:29 CST 2010

Peter:

Some MSC's checks the Screening Indicator, defined in ITU Q.763 3.10f. I've seen several times that callerid is not shown or the call is dropped if you don't sent this field to 3. My guess is that changing that value could work, but always might be a B side problem, because you Calling Party Number looks good.

As defined in Attila's chan_dahdi:

                        isup_set_calling(p->ss7call, l ? (l + calling_nai_strip) : NULL, ss7_calling_nai,
                                p->use_callingpres ? cid_pres2ss7pres(ast->cid.cid_pres) : (l ? SS7_PRESENTATION_ALLOWED : SS7_PRESENTATION_RESTRICTED),
                                p->use_callingpres ? cid_pres2ss7screen(ast->cid.cid_pres) : SS7_SCREENING_USER_PROVIDED );

So it seems that using:
Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed)
It should work.

Hope this helps.