[asterisk-ss7] libss7 loop-back possible on the same card?

Gustavo Marsico gustavomarsico at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 07:43:37 CST 2010

On 24 Feb 2010, at 12:25, Vahan Yerkanian wrote:

> On 2/24/10 6:17 PM, Marcelo Pacheco wrote:
>> That means you know next to nothing of dadhi E1 ss7.
>> Then you probably shouldn't be messing with ss7/isup.
>> If you can't understand the configuration, you shouldn't be following somebody else's cookbook and hope everything will be fine.
>> ss7/isup is a telephony network protocol, not just an end user one, isn't like ISDN... It requires actual knowledge of the tecnology to operate without major potential issues. It's easy to mess up...
>> Sorry about the venting, I'm TIRED of all this lazy people that expect free help on something they should understand themselves.
>> Your reply is the same as if I offered you a script to connect ports 1 and 4 of a 4 span card and you have a 2 span card, and you discard the tip because you can't do basic math...
>>
>> GOOD LUCK... YOU'LL NEED IT...
> Thanks for littering the mailing list archive. I'm sure you'll get treated the same way some day.
>
> If you have had spent a minute and read my chan_dahdi.conf config, you'd see that I'm using a similar config to yours.
> --

Vahan:

Marcelo's response could be harsh, but it makes sense. Trying to operate or sell a SS7 system without any knowledge borders on insanity.
Many of us here can offer help or share knowledge, but this list definitely is not a training forum. We all have our jobs and people often gives his free time here without demanding anything in return, just the other person show a minimal interest in solving its own problem. If you try to understand what you're doing, you'll see a lot of people helping you.

Best regards

Gustavo