[asterisk-ss7] Charge indicator

Gustavo Marsico gustavomarsico at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 19:40:28 CST 2010

Unfortunately Asterisk doesn't have any way to map the charge indicator in SIP. Actually, there are a couple of drafts, but nothing serious at this time.
If the other side supports it, you can send a P- or X- header to let the other side knows if the call is chargeable or not.

IMHO, in SIP terms, this is one of two biggest challenges for this protocol. The other is the lack of support of SUSpend RESume capabilities in the local loop side.

Regards,

Gustavo