[asterisk-ss7] Charge indicator

Bruno Rodrigues de Mello shotsbros at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:56:08 CST 2010

Hi Jorge,

My problem is not when I receive a call but when I send a call to telco.
I use my asterisk box like a gateway and receive sip calls to route this calls to PSTN.
In some cases the Telco send a ACM with charge indicator = 1 (no charge) and after this
the telco send a ANM.
When asterisk receive the ANM, it send a 200 Ok to SIP side and my softswitch start bill the call.

Anyone has a idea ?

Regards,
Bruno Rodrigues

Hi Bruno, well last year i had the same problem, it was posted here.  My solution was modify the source, inside isup.c you need modify the code, find this function static FUNC_SEND(backward_call_ind_transmit) and add some lines. I think Matt was going to setup an option..anyway here is the code

static FUNC_SEND(backward_call_ind_transmit)
{
  unsigned char alwayscharge= 2;
  parm[0] = 0x40 | alwayscharge;
  parm[1] = 0x14;