[asterisk-ss7] How Asterisk + sigtran ?

John Hermanski John.Hermanski at dialogic.com
Fri Feb 5 09:17:35 CST 2010

Hi Amish,

You're right about the doc - we're working on it.

In the meantime, some answers to your questions:

DiaStar is an open source application which is used to connect our proprietary DiaStar Media Engine (a variation of our HMP product) to Asterisk.  It uses the Woomera protocol to connect to a chan_woomera channel driver on the Asterisk side.  Dialogic DNI boards provide a T1/E1 interface to the PSTN for CAS, ISDN or SS7.  For SIGTRAN signaling, it uses our proprietary DSI SIGTRAN stack.

An intro to DiaStar architecture and how it works with Asterisk is here:

http://www.dialogic.com/products/docs/appnotes/11541-diastar-intro-an.pdf

This was written before SIGTRAN was added, so it just mentions ISDN as a PSTN protocol.  There is a diagram of how SIGTRAN fits in here:

http://wiki.projectdiastar.org/index.php/Project_DiaStar_Server_-_SIGTRAN

Licensing for the open source Diastar application is GNU General Public License.  The DiaStar Media Engine and SIGTRAN stack are proprietary.

Descriptions of the DNI boards and SIGTRAN stack are here:

http://www.dialogic.com/products/signalingip_ss7components/SS7_Protocols.htm
http://www.dialogic.com/products/ip_enabled/hmp_enabled_boards.htm

If you would like pricing on the DNI boards and SIGTRAN stack, please let me know.

John Hermanski
Technical Marketing Engineer

Dialogic Inc.
5 Monroe St.
Salem, MA
USA

Tel:       978 744 9098
Cell:      978 836 8028
Email:   john.hermanski at dialogic.com<mailto:john.hermanski at dialogic.com>
Web:    www.dialogic.com<http://www.dialogic.com/>

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or otherwise is intended by virtue of communication via the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.